Are you looking for a lasting solution for damaged or missing
teeth? Firswood Dental uses state of the art systems that
will make you smile again.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
- The appearance and functionality of natural teeth, restoring quality of life.
- Preserves your facial shape
- Enables you to eat and drink normally once again
- No bulky or awkward feeling in your mouth
- Reduced bone atrophy
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are medical grade titanium tooth root replacements and is a great way to replace one or more missing teeth. They provide strong foundations to support your tooth replacement restorations.
An implant itself is a small titanium post that is placed into the jawbone. Over time the bone grows around and bonds with the titanium to provide a secure base, just like a tooth root. An implant can support a single replacement tooth, a bridge or a denture with several replacement teeth. Dental implants are arguably the next best thing to still having your own teeth. They allow you to be free from many issues traditionally associated with dentures – for example, they don’t move around so you can eat and speak with confidence.
Dental implants enable patients to maintain bone structure and support facial tissues to recover their natural appearance. They can look and feel similar to natural teeth, so many patients feel more confident and happy as a result of having treatment.
The Treatment Plan
This procedure is a team effort between you and Firswood Dental. Your periodontist and dentist will consult with you to determine where and how your implant should be placed. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, your periodontist will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs.
- Replacing a Single Tooth – If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it
- Replacing Several Teeth – If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them
- Replacing All of Your Teeth – If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.